Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original windows 98 os,,Artec CD Burner with Nero,,good system requirements,,problem is with installing Kodak Easyshare Software to support Kodak's CX7430 4.0mp digital camera,,I close out everything running,,even shut down my screen saver,,run the setup program with the cd,,after the files are downloaded, the prompt comes up to reboot,,when the system reboots I immediately get a window "New Hardware Detected" and "Installing Software for your New Hardware",,this is without having the camera even hooked up to the computer!,,the system freezes at this window,,have to "end task" on this,,now nothing will open,,not the start menu or anything,,the pointer will move and highlight icons, but nothing else will work,,I reset the system and when it boots up again, it's still frozen,,only option is to boot up in the safe mode and uninstall kodak easyshare program,,I ran the clear program from Kodak's site and tried it over and over,,had Kodak Tech on the phone for hours trying and retrying untill they gave up on me,,tried the same setup cd on another system running Win XP and when it booted back after the prompt no hardware detected window opened up,,just a toutorial,,hooked up the camera and it worked just fine, so it isn't a bad cd,,any ideas on how to make it work with my computer? Thanks.

· Registered
794 Posts
I have to say that when I installed Easyshare it worked fine; the only thing was that I didn't appreciate all it was attempting to do - I just wanted to load the images onto the PC. I uninstalled it and have since found you can do a minimum install of (mainly) the kodakccs.exe file from the CD and that seems OK. But even that is only for use when I have images on the camera internal memory.
Normally I use a memory card and a card reader which enables me to download my images directly to where I want them and without having to have the camera connected, and also save battery power!

johnni

· Registered
1 Posts
I have installed Kodak Easy Share on a Windows Me OS. After installation the tutorial runs and then the computer stops responding. The program does not run, explorer does not respond. On restart the active desktop is no longer working.The only way to get the computer operating again is to restart in safe mode and uninstall the program. Could use some help getting this program to work. Thanks.

· Registered
794 Posts
I omitted to say above that when I was using Easyshare it was installed on WinME and worked perfectly - I just didn't need it!
My only suggestions are:
1. Look for spyware with Ad-Aware or Spybot.
2. Check for any lurking viruses.
3. There may be a conflict with some other software; try uninstalling one at a time, and checking the result with Easyshare, then reinstalling. Only do this if you have the means to reinstall the software.
I have twice had to do No. 3. to sort out a problem (not connected with Easyshare) and install an alternative program in order to allow the one I really wanted to function.

johnni

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.