Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past two weeks I have been recieving messages on my E-Mail telling me that they contain viruses,I have Norton anti virus running enabled yet it has vever detected any virus, when I tried to save these to disc they dissapear,I have also recieved several messages telling me that E-Mails from me(which I have never sent) contained a virus and were stopped.
I have just recieved an E-Mail from Australia from someone who says he has recieved an E-Mail from me, which he says was auto-generated,I dont know what that means,can anyone please help?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your prompt reply,I have Norton Utilities 2001,I have recently run Live Update,if I go to Virus definition what would I look for, or do?
Tom Power

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
Doesn't necessarily mean they came from you. If your name is on one of your friends address book and they are infected it will send out a message with your name in the From line. Contact all your friends and have them check their PC's for any virus.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once again you lads have come up trumps!.
I took your advice about house call and they found a virus called Badtranse B,this is not listed on the latest update of virus definitions(03/12/2001) on Norton anti-virus, and Norton could not find it when I did a full virus scan.thank you for all your help.
Tom Power

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Glad you found it!

The latest virus defs you have are from 3/12? That's doesn't seem right. Go here and download the most recent updates.
LiveUpdate is telling you they are up to date?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.