Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,806 Posts
It all depends on the maximum file size your e-mail provider will allow. Do you know what it is?

You should remove your e-mail address if you don't want to receive an abnormal amount of spam...

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I suggest you remove your email address, unless you want to get a lot of spam.
You might consider using a free site like the KodakGalery. then you can send the link to your friends and they can access the pictures on line.
My daughter raises dogs, and she does this with the puppy pictures for the prospective owners.
vicks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi jcmj,

It is always helpful to include Operating System - WIndow XP, Vista, Max OSX, etc.
I will assume Windows XP / Vista - which are the same regarding zipping / unzipping.
You can zip several pictures up - then send as a compressed file, the recipient will have to unzip them - so if they are fairly good at getting around in (assuming they are using Windows) Windows Explorer they should be able to unzip and access them.
They could also de-compress or unzip them on a Mac or other OS as well.

Within your pictures folder, select the pictures by holding down your (CTRL) key -
While Clicking on the pictures you would like to include - when finished selecting,

Right click on on the pictures - left click (or point cursor over) Send to > and choose Compressed (zipped) Folder.
If you are using WinRAR or other zip /compression program it will be somewhat different, but similar.

Once you zip up the photos - if you so choose - you may want to check the file size because your Internet service and whomever you are sending to will have a size limit.
A guess would be 10 to 20MB possibly larger.

You can E-Mail your ISP, or experiment - see what goes out - see what message you recieve if it is too large you should recieve a bounce back message or NDR
(non delivery report), read it if you get one, and see if too large, hopefully your E-Mails will not be over the size limit. Usually I have not had a problem using up to 5 or 6 pictures, I don't often send large quantity of pix,
if you are sending high quality pix, the file size would be larger.

Another consideration is if your recipient uses dial up - you may not want to send over a 2-5 MB per day or so - as it will take the E-Mail a long time to download.

Hope this helps, ask if you have any questions.

Chronk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.