Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E-mail worked fine until two weeks ago. Now, cannot open any attachments. Message says: C:\PROGRAM.EXE. Windows cannot find PROGRAM.exe. This program is needed for opening files of type 'Earthlink Mail Message'. Location of PROGRAM.exe C:\

When I hit okay, it says Cannot find fileC:\PROGRAM.exe. How can I correct this?

Clayton Schwartz

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Clayton
Welcome to TSG!
I will see if I can help you solve this problem. I seem your file association for url;hypertext transfer protocol may be messed up.
The easiest way to fix this is to do a repair of Internet explorer.
If you have internet explorer 5.x and above go to start\settings\control panel\add remove programs and scroll down to the line that will say someyning like "Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x" after the 5.x there could be other verbage.
Highlight it and click remove. A window will popup and select the repair function. Let it repair and restart. After restart go to the internet. You home page will be change to runonce and you will have to reset it to what you want by typing in the url in address bar, going to that site, then click tool up top then internet options and then click use current.
If you have a lower then 5.x Internet Explorer let me know and there is a way to manually change the association. Also if you are using Netscape or some other browser you will have to wait for someone else since I am not familiar with them.
Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.