Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have Changed A Setting And Can't Figure Out What Is Was.my Problem Is :
I Have Windows Xp And Netscape 7.0...i Can No Longer Open E-mail Attachments.
When I Double Click The Paperclip Icon,instead Of Opening Directly Or Asking
Which File I Want To Save It To {when It Was Working Properly}it Now Flashes
The Netscape Symbol At The Bottom Of The Screen In Ascending 1,2,3 Etc.until I Shut Down The Computer.
It Did The Same Thing When I Tried To Renew My Norton Anti-virus Subscription
It Looks Like Netscape Is Not Using The Windows Files To Open These Attachments.i Think The Change I Made Was On Netscape Somewhere But I Am Not Sure.a Friend Showed Me How To Save This Attachment As A Desktop Icon
And It Opened Properly There Using The Microsoft Word.
Can You Help Me With This ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
If Norton is expired, i recommend AVG Free edition which can be downloaded at free.grisoft.com , make sure you uninstall norton if you're not planning on renewing it, you're just going to be pestered about how you're not protected. After doing that, backup your bookmarks and any other items you need to keep and try a clean install of Netscape. I don't use Netscape so this is the best advice I can offer.

·
Gone but never forgotten
6,781 Posts
Uninstalling any Norton product can be a nightmare! Below is the link to their current removal tool. Some folks have had trouble even with this! If possible, back up everything you can before venturing forth.

I agree that dropping Norton is a good idea. AVG is one of the regularly recommended anti-virus programs. I have usedit for some time with satisfaction.

{redoak}

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have uninstalled norton,but,before i uninstall netscape 7.0 and re-install a clean version
will messenger and composer be saved ? as well as my favorites lists,e-mails and folders,
address book,etc ?

·
Gone but never forgotten
6,781 Posts
I don't have any experience with Netscape. However, Mozilla Suite and its successor, SeaMonkey, which I have and do use were/are based on Netscape. When I do an uninstall for whatever reason, I am asked if I want to save existing files, settings, etc. I think you could start an uninstall and go carefully through the steps. You can abort if you become uncomfortable before final click. I yhink a System Restore Point established just before you proceed would be wise. They have brought back my browser on a few occasions when it went awry.

{redoak}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.