Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got caught up in checking my graphics card setup thanks to an old thread here! :rolleyes: Card is ATI Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000, driver is Win2k 5.13.0001.3279, reported as the most up to date fully released and supported display driver for Win2k on ATI site. DirectX 8 and OpenGL support are included. I have DirectX v9.0b installed.

I ran DXdiag and it showed me with files missing and recommended a reinstall. So I did the obvious and redownloaded and reinstalled it. The same files are still showing as missing! :mad: They are reported as:

Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectDraw.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectPlay.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.Diagnostics.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.dll

Can anyone shed some light as to what is going on here?

· Registered
52,785 Posts
I'd suggest running DirectX Eradicator. It is the only one of many DirectX uninstallers that runs outside of Safe Mode, cleanly removes files and registry entries, and leaves a clean place for a reinstallation. I uninstalled 9.0b with it, reverted to 8.1, and then reinstalled 9.0b (in an effort to get a game to work). Dxdiag showed no errors after using it.

http://www.freewebs.com/firecat/

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved! Many thanks for the advice and for the link to DirectX Eradicator Elvandil. It removed cleanly, then a fresh download and install and all is well. Strange though, I can find no reference to those missing files at all now. They are not reported in DXDiag either as missing or present! Oh truly how mysterious are the ways of M$. :D

· Registered
52,785 Posts
Glad to hear it. Isn't that a great piece of software? Its best feature is its ability to clean the registry of false entries and do it completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.