Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been researching for a few weeks now and I thought that I did everything but its not working. I am not a guru so lots of abreviations can get confusing.

Anyways I have a

HP p6203w
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor 2.70 GHz
4 gig of ram
64 bit operating system
nvidea GeForce 7800 gt

Not sure if that information was needed but i figured it couldnt hurt.

I am trying to use my Directv DVR R15, I have a ATI Unified Avstream TV Tuner on my computer. I am trying to watch my programs that I have recorded on my DVR on my computer. The problem is I cannot access the DVR, my Media Center picked up the signal but wont let me watch anything because I dont have the IR thingy (I think its for the remote, which I dont have).

Do I need anything else? If so what? Also I wouldnt mind being able to burn some of the videos/episodes to DVD. Thanks for any and all help.

-Dan

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Why do you think this is possible?
TIVO does this with networking software, but I don't see any provision in your manual to watch programs on your computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because I have been reading online that its possible? I have connected my dvr to my tv tuner with S video and RCA cables. I am assuming its possible, it seems perfectly within the realm of possibility. Just wondering exactly how its done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.