Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this question because it is along the same lines. Hopefully someone will read this.

So, as discussed, the monitor has 2 inputs. 1 VGA, 1 DVI. The VGA is being used by the computer, which leaves me with the extra DVI.

Is there a way I could hook an Xbox/Wii/ect to the DVI using a converter type mechanism. Such as something that would RCA --> DVI. I have seen RCA -->DVI out there but would that be what I would need to make the connection to also use the monitor for console games?

Once again, any information is welcomes. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
that is so not going to work, composite video to dvi???
what your showing is a composite video from the xbox (yellow) going to what? a component (R,G,B) adapter to DVI, what???

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
your hd tv has composite hookups for game consoles, mine does anyway, its not like your old xbox has hd digital output, does it?, take a look at the manual for types of outputs

·
Registered
13,404 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I'm kinda basic...

I figured if I got a RCA Female<-->DVI converter, then I could just plug in the Video RCA cable from the Xbox/Wii/whatever to that, and the hook up the sound using a RCA <-->3.5mm.

Thanks for you help and sorry for the trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.