Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Hoping someone can lend a helping hand.

I'm running a GeForce 7900GT that has two DVI outs, no analog outs. I just picked up a Samsung 941bw 19" widescreen.

I have two problems, well one actually. The first is I couldn't get a resolution of 1440x900 to show up the in the display properties. I fixed that by entering the nvidia control panel and making a custom display and that seems to work. Still wonder why it wasn't there in the first place.

The second problem is the monitor doesn't seem to recognize that there is a DVI out hooked up to it. It came with an analog cable with a DVI adapter and that worked fine. However, if I take off that cable and just run the DVI, the monitor won't recognize it. It'll just go to its power saving mode.

I tried manually selecting the digital input via the monitors menu and no luck. I have the digital drivers installed as well as the most recent nvidia drivers.

I'm not so worried about the resolution, but I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why it won't let me use the DVI output....

Thanks in advance,

JD

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I just got a flat screen. It's working off VGA but there's an option in the menu, Input setting, which then has Analog and Digital underneath it.

Don't know if your screen's the same.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Oh yeh... Is there anyway to enable it via your card software?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jackdw said:
Oh yeh... Is there anyway to enable it via your card software?
I looked through the nvidia control panel, but for the life of me, I don't see an option. I'd love it, that was the case and I was just half blind. I'll have to check again to be sure.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Have you got antoher cable? Perhaps the one you have is broken..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I might have solved it, but I won't know till I get my replacement. It appears Samsung included a DVI-I cable with my monitor while my vid card needs a DVI-D cable (if that makes sense). I'm going to try switching cables and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.