Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently cleared out many of my spy-ware infections, using the security section on this website.
After cleaning up these, my DVD-ROM stopped reading discs. It still registered that there was a disc in there though, but as a CD-DRIVE, even if it was a DVD.
Now, I asked how to fix this, and I was advised to reinstall DAEMON-TOOLS. Which worked after restarting my PC.

Now, the next day; today, it isn't reading discs again.
I really don't want to have to re-install daemon tools and restart every-time I wanna use my dvd-rom.
It was said to be caused by the cleaning of "SetupDTSB.exe from DAEMON Tools"

So I thought that I'd move this issue to this section, where I can be helped more efficiently.

Any ways to solve this please?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Open it up like you are getting ready to put a disk in. Blow really hard a few times into the drive. Put your disk in and it may work temporarily. Need to buy a DVD ROM cleaning kit from Walmart, Radio shack EXT..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think that it is the actual DVD-ROM itself, I think it's something interfering with the drivers or software.
It works perfectly with a new Daemon-Tools installation.
:confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm having the same problem, but with a new dvd lightscribe drive it will not recognize any disk i put in it..now i'm not very literate in these matters but could someone please tell me how to reinstall the damon tools...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.