1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MysticEyes said:
You list your experience as 'Advanced'. :rolleyes:

You need a DVD drive for DVDs.
This is correct. In fact compared the the average home user I am super galactic lord computer expert. That is also why they come to me instead of a computer repair shop. I can purposely foul up a computer with something simple and have a third party take it over there and they don't know nothing except click restore or reinstall and submit a bill. Anyone can rent a storefront and do that.

Thing is, no one knows everything and no one can remember everything. Even the professionals are constantly asking each other questions.

Apart from the vast majority of most computers users I do not use my computer for entertainment so it stands to reason that I would not know that a DVD drive is needed for DVD since that is what all that equipment is for on the other side of the room.

My CD is for installing programs and saving files and have never employed it as a toy.

Also you are not entirelyy correct that a DVD drive is needed for DVD's because there are dual use drives.

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
All DVD drives are dual use. A dual use drive is still a DVD drive.
Don't take comments to heart or let people wind you up. It doesn't matter.
Merry Christmas.
:)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moby said:
All DVD drives are dual use. A dual use drive is still a DVD drive.
Don't take comments to heart or let people wind you up. It doesn't matter.
Merry Christmas.
:)
Cool. DVD does CD's but a CD doesn't do DVD's. I'll see if I can find one in the bargain bin marked "DVD" on the front. If throw that in with some DVD feeware I can unload this thing on my sister after I upgrade.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Perspective is everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.