Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this issue has been covered in here yet, sorry if it has, I tried searching for it but the search wasn't working so here goes...

I installed windows 7 32 bit and it is not recognizing my dvd drive. It is not showing up in the device manager or anything, but does show up in the bios. I have tried going into the registry and deleting the upper and lower filters, disabling driver signature enforcement upon startup, and entering "bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" in command prompt, but nothing worked.

I ended up trying to boot from cdrom on startup and was able to to do that. I opened the drive, took out the windows 7 disc, restarted the computer, and windows finally detected my dvd drive and everything was fine. I eventually restarted the computer and now it is not detecting the drive again. Has anyone else run in to this or know what I can do to fix it? Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.