Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a DVD Burner for my computer and I need to know where I have to plug it in. Also can I have it plugged into my computer and have it out or do I have to open up my computer and put it in there?

Thanks in Advance! :)

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
You can buy an internal or external drive. An external drive will be more expensive and may be a little slower. You will need USB 2.0 ports on your computer to use an external drive.

If you have a free drive bay or if you wish to remove your existing drive you can go internal much cheaper and have a wider range of drives to choose from.

Go to www.newegg.com and see their selection of drives. I recommend an LG, Sony, Pioneer, or Benq drive. But there are many to choose from. However any drive you choose should be able to write to both to DVD+R/W and DVD-R/W formats as some drives only do one or the other. Best to have one that does both for best compatibilty with standalone DVD players, and greater media selection.

I have an LG GSA-4163B that works really well. It'll write DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, DVD-RAM, CD-R/W, and DVD+DL discs.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a free drive bay in my computer. So I need to open up my computer and insert it in there, where exactly will I need to connect it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.