Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Toshiba Satellite M45-s331 laptop that I'm trying to use a Dell 173FP monitor with. The laptop has a res. of 1280X800 and the Dell has 1280X1024. I've tried every option that I can find, but I can't get the Dell to run full screen and full resolution. My graphics controller (Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML) says it will support 1280x1024. I'm using a standard monitor cable-that's the only input the Dell monitor has. Is the computer and graphics card capable of running the monitor at full resolution or am I wasting time? BTW-Windows XP Home. Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi,

By the post title, are you trying to run both the Dell and the laptop displays at seperate resolutions?

Intel seem to say that this is possible but without knowing the history of the machine it could be that the issue of display driver to enable the feature isn't installed? Do you know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have updated the driver for my chipset- I don't know where to look to find out if it has that feature enabled. I've tried running monitor and laptop at same res. and have tried monitor at full screen(no border) and "maintain aspect ratio" and there's no difference. A square appears as a rectangle on the monitor, with the vertical dimension lengthened. If I set the monitor's resolution at 1280x1024, the display starts jumping sideways and there'e a white band at the top. The monitor works on another computer. I'm going to try to update the monitor driver. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
548 Posts
No probs, I'd be interested to find out how you go. My Dell lappy is pretty useless on dual support so it would be nice to know if Tosh's/Intel offer it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.