Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set my Monitor & Hard Drive to turn off after 30 mins. I come back to an always on DSL Internet to find no connection. I move my mouse to see my desktop, and I can do other things that do not require an internet connection. I have unchecked. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. For my Ethernet connection, in Device Manager. No help. I have an Actiontec DSL gateway, and the Power, Internet, and Ethernet Network lights remain on. If the lights are on I am supposed to be there but I am not. I Reboot and am back in business.
Compaq Model 7478, 533M speed, 376RAM, Internal Ethernet Card, External Actiontec Gateway, MSN ISP, 860 Download speed, Qwest DSL.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
i just have the monitor turn off after 2 min and do nothing with the hd and never go into standby.

my son has a new dell and it shuts off the monitor and hd, with the default settings after x amount of min but never goes into standby.

standby/hibernate seem tocause a lot of aggravation.

·
Registered
586 Posts
From my experience (which is not much) you can have the monitor turn off and the DSL connection will remain, but when the hard drive turns off, the connection goes off. I am not sure if some of the ports are closed when this happens, but I have not yet found a solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.