Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...
I have had a cable modem for about 2 years with no problems. In the interest of saving $$$, I am trying out Verizon DSL. While checking bandwidth tests, DSL is a bit slower (1MB down vs. 1.5MB down...both are about 130k up). I did experience a "network loss" twice on Xbox where I never had with cable (OK, I figure that's because the DSL is slower).
But here's the weird problems. The DSL feeds a router, which feeds my desktop & wireless laptop (as well as Xbox) (the cable, again, has done this for 2 years). While I can do the speed test on my desktop, I cannot on the laptop (it starts and then stops and nothing else happens). If I change out the DSL for the cable, I can do it. Back to the DSL...when my wife runs her Outlook web mail from work on the laptop or desktop, she can send/receive, but not attach any files (it seems to time out). If I change out the DSL for the cable, I can do it. Finally, back to DSL...when I attempt Windows update on the laptop, I get an error saying my date/time is incorrect (it's not). I cleared the cache, but got the same error (didn't try it on the desktop). Enter the cable in place of the DSL...yep...it worked with no problems.
I can understand if the DSL is slower, but not why these problems exist. Anyone want to take a stab at them???
Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.