Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive my ignorance but I just came off nightwork and my brains not working so good. A colleague is having a real run of bad luck and I am trying to help her. Her laptop has got the ZLOB virus and I am trying to get rid of it but I cannot connect to the internet because the drivers for the ethernet card are missing. There is no id on the laptop apart from the COA for XP and Z600 on a sticker underneath it. How can I find out what make it is so I can find the drivers. I don't mind paying for the drivers or a virus remover as long as they work. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Most antivirus software should be able to handle Zlob removal easily enough. But for a more comprehensive search I would recommend downloading and installing Malwarebytes' Anti Malware.

Go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php, and download and install the program. Check for updates, if any, and then run a full scan. When it is done post the results here.

You might also want to have this referred to by our security staff here. Click on the 'Report' button, and ask to have this thread moved to the Malware Removal forums. Be expected to wait for a response, though (minimum of 48 hours).

·
Trusted Advisor
85,507 Posts
The brand name and model name and model number of that laptop has to be on it somewhere - either embossed in the case or on a sticker on the bottom or both.

---------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.