Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a Sharp Actius MM20 notebook. I just reformatted and need a wireless driver. I ran Everett and my network controller was IDed as 'Harris/Intersil Prism 802.11g'. The card was preinstalled in the notebook.

I tried driverguide.com but the download from their site had a zipfile that unzipped into a .info, .sys, and .arm files and I dont know what to do with that.

Request more info on system if necessary.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Go to Device Manager. Locate the network controller. It should be marked as an identified network or wireless device (or something similar) with a yellow question mark next to it. Right click it and select update driver. Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file and press ok. If you missed a part or need a more detailed explanation post back!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That link is the driverguide.com download that unzips into .info, .sys, and .arm files without a setup or .exe file.

Sharp site doesn't have drivers for wireless adapters, or anything else for that matter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mosquito, I didn't see your post at first.

I did what you said and the Hardware Update Wizard said 'The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software'.

EDIT:

Vicks, second link worked perfectly.

Question: How did you google the Sharp Portal. I googled for the Sharp database but did not come up with your hit. Did you do anything differently?

Thanks for the prompt response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.