Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my problem. Lately, whenever I download stuff, I always get a really crappy transfer rate. Like, 10 and under KBS. I used to get over a hundred, I've got a low/med DSL connection.

At first, I thought it was an ISP thing, but my internet is just fine. Just as fast as ever. I still stream movies and music just fine, and I load pages as fast as ever. My XBOX Live connection is great, just not my downloads. Im thinking maybe this is a firewal or settings thing?

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It's very unlikely to find someone to help you if you are using a P2P network like Limewire or BearShare

·
Registered
17,594 Posts
Hence my question, to which the answer (if by P2P) would be that the ISP is port shaping to purposely slow down P2P, so that the (usually 99% illegal) P2P traffic does not impede the legal traffic....

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
its very rare for this to happen but the folder you are downloading to may be too large for it to save quickly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it's like that for little things too (little 300kb game patches or what not) as well as big things. I gained some ground after doing a big disk defrag, but I'm still under 40kbs. What can I do to booste my download speed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.