Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if I can delete files that I have installed from the 'downloads file', after I have installed them? I have a file for these downloads which is getting bigger and bigger. I suppose I could keep those that may need to be reinstalled for whatever reason, in the future.

Thanks.

Lyn

·
Registered
49 Posts
When you say "downloads file" do you mean that file that you d/l programs to, and then install from there? If so, yes you can delete them. If not, pleas clarify. If they are the original d/l'd program files, I like to keep them just in case. I do a lot of tweaking and playing around and sometimes can't undo what I did to a program; sometimes a newer version will come out, but then cause problems. By keeping those original files, I can always reinstall that exact version if need be.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
If its simply the installer you can... but I'd put the installers on a well labeled floppy if I was you.

If its a TEMP file....sure ... delete them.

Savvy :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
edals and SavvyLady -

This file is the file that the downloads arrive in from the Internet.

From there, I install them.

The thing is, there are lots of files there that I have since uninstalled so don't think it would hurt to get rid of them.

I will probably leave anything I may need to re-install at some stage.

·
Account Disabled
1,240 Posts
If you delete the files you will have to download them again if you want to reinstall the programs. Also, you're downloading files into a FOLDER, not a file.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.