Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently got connected to the net using a 56k modem. And I have noticed that when I start to download a file, the download speed quickly trails off. It seems to be about 20 to 40 KB/s to begin with, but after ten seconds it's around 7KB/s then after 30 seconds or so 4KB/s. (Is this bits / second or Bytes / second?) A modem connection is slow enough already. Is there a way of keeping the original high speed?

I have win XP prof and am using internet explorer.

Sharker

P.S. When the download window pops up it shows the download speed. How do I view the download speed for general internet surfing?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks,

For some reason I missed your reply before.

Just one thing though. I found that when one download was stable at about 4KB/s and I started another, I got the first going at 3.5KB/s and the other about 2KB/s so over all this is comming faster. And I could still view other web pages without these figures changing much. It this all a mislieding effect to make it seem like it's going faster like you said before?

I just wondered if I could put the download at a higher priority and get it to use all the bandwidth available just for that.

Thanks

Sharker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.