Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my last option before I throw my new computer out the window. This is also the least likely thing to happen. Ever.

I have an ASUS PTGD1-LA Goldfish2 MoBo in a Hewlett Packard computer. When I look at my current MoBo, I can SEE where there used to be a PCI-Express bus slot. Even Everest and CPU-Z pick my computer's main bus type up as PCI-Express (only they say it's x63, not x16; I wish). On the motherboard, you can see all the little metal dealios where it used to be connected. Here's a picture:

Above the three white PCI slots, you can see that it was there once, before HP went medieval on my MoBo and lamed it up. My question, which I'm already pretty sure is no, is as follows:

Is there any way to "reinstall" a PCI-E slot where one used to be? I mean, if you can remove one, there has to be a way to put one back on, isn't there? (Probably not). Does anyone know of somewhere I could take/ship/send my computer to have this highly unlikely procedure done?

I'm really going out on a limb with this one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would say Velvet that the board is designed to accept a PCI express but HP did not pay for the hardware, and I dont only mean the PCI Express socket. So it does look like you're out of luck.
Of course "if" you had a blown MOBO with a PCI Express socket you could desolder from it.... who knows maybe the rest of the stuff is there...of course what would probably happen is that you would then have two fragged MOBO's after you tried to solder it in hehe.
Just my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.