Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to rejoin a user to their appropriate domain. I moved the user to 'work group' TEST2 and rebooted, tried to set to 'domain' and the appropriate server but, message says that local machine is not a member. This machine was experiencing a problem '** domain not available'. I've moved from domain to workgroup and back to domain before to solve this problem - not working this time. We replaced the NIC because the lights weren't flashing when the drop was pinged OK using a 'PingerPlus'.

Any suggestions? :confused:

The company I provide service for has a knowledge base to answer these problems but, I'm now a contractor without access to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are friends for? Thanks for the replies, didn't get a chance to look before coming home. (Did I bring work home with me?)

Seems that XP forgot that it had a NIC, after replacing the NIC (unnecessarily) I had the same problem. Gave device manager a try; uninstalled the NIC/reinstalled the NIC. Went back to 'Computer Name' and successfully rejoined the domain.

Thanks all,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.