Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an e-mail, from a freind saying that see thinks she spread a virus through e-mail. She said that anti-virus scanners will not pick this one up, and it stays inactive for a while on your harddrive. the e-mail then wants you to deleat the file. The file name is SULFNBK.EXE. Have you guys head of this. Do you have any idea what that file is, and should I deleat it, and send an e-mail to all my contacts telling them to do the same thing?

·
Account Disabled
1,222 Posts
Never send an e-mail message to everyone in your Contact list because the message tells you too. Basically, it's a do-it-yourself virus. Rather than sending itself to all your contacts, it gets you to do all the dirty work.

Bookmark this web site, and look up all those types of messages you receive.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

There is no such thing as a virus that anti-virus software won't detect. If there was, the entire industry would go out of business. It's just a ploy to get you to believe that anti-virus software is worthless.

It's not. It's absolutely vital to have anti-virus software on your computer.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
SULFNBK.EXE is a part of your windows system files
DO NOT DELETE !!!

Savvy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.