1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to burn a DL disk for the first time
I have the right disks
I have a DL burner
My problem is that I am dealing with a file format that I do not know to much about.
The file seems to be in a .ink? format. I can't even seem to convert it.
DVD Flick seems to recognize the file, but after about 5 hours it gives me a terminal error message and suggests I should start to cry b/c it's all over.
Power ISO which I use often won't even see the file "unsupported file format"
I'm not sure how to go about trying to acheive this burn.
Please Help
1st time user
Kirsten

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
According to what I could find at fileinfo.net, the .ink extension is a Corel Draw file that contains the color information for an image it gets associated with.

If that's what it is then there's nothing there to convert, certainly nothing DVDFlick can recognize or handle. I also have no idea why you would want to burn a mystery file to a DL disc. I mean, I don't think you want to do that do you? I you really really do though you just need to use any burning software like CDBurnerXP or trial version of Nero 8 and burn a simple data DVD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The movie I am trying to burn is almost 4 hours so yes DL burn is required for the space I need.

DVD Flick does try to attempt to burn it but it only goes so far and then complains about the file not having a proper layer break. I have also tried to read up on .ink file extensions, and there seem to be 3 different types.

The file seems to be and .ink.avi, which confuses me b/c I know how to burn an avi file without any trouble.

When I try to convert the file using Prism converter it does not support the file format listed as .ink.

Also Power ISO which is my life saver b/c I often now burn DVD's as data files to save time (5 min instead of 2 + hours, my dvd player will play data dvd's as a regular film, I find most new players accept this format without trouble) Power ISO does not recognize the file, of claims unsupported.

So I am still no closer to solving my problem... I have made many attempts to burn this disk using DVD flick, by using different project settings, and all have failed.

Real Player and Media Player do play the movie fine, so I'm guessing it's being viewed as a .avi file there

I'm wondering if the film may have been compressed in some way ??? But when I use DVD Flick it refuses to even start to burn the project until it has a 8.5 (7.9) disk capacity... So I know I do need a DL disk.

I have downloaded many different types of burners over the weekend, on suggestion of what I have read. All have failed .... I really don't know how to achieve this
Thanks for your reply
Kirsten

·
Banned
5,251 Posts
If the last three letters of the filename after the last period are avi then that's not an ink file, its an avi file. I'm back on the tracks now.

Unfortunately, the avi extension doesn't really tell a person what encoder actually put the file together but since Win media player plays it it must be one of the mainstream ones so, what is the actual playtime of the file and how large is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.