Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a list of 57 email addresses that I will use frequently over the next months. Is there a way to create a distribution list in Outlook without having to enter each address as a new contact? Can I cut and past the whole list into a distribution list? Currently, I have savied as a word document and just cut and past into bcc field when I have to send, but I'd love to have this in an Outlook list if possible.

Does anyone know the maximum number of email addresses that one can include on a single message in Outlook? I have another list that has 194 names on it. What's the best way to send as a mass email? This is a neighborhood security patrol alert announcement email, not advertising.

· Retired Moderator
14,262 Posts
Hi needhelp1950

Your ISP determines how many e-mail addresses you can send at one time. You might try a maximum of 25 addresses to see if that message is allowed through or not.
Otherwise, call your ISP to see what their limitations are.

Copy the e-mail addresses to a spreadsheet and Import them into Outlook.
First, Export your existing Contacts from Outlook as a .csv file to see the template that Outlook uses. Then copy the names into the .csv file and Import it back into Outlook.
Which version of Outlook are you using?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.