Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three year old custom built pc. Gigabyte P55-UD4 , mobo, i750 cpu, 23" nVidia 9500 GS gpu.
This morning when I turned it on, the wallpaper is stretched way out of proportion, task bar not
visible. Completely hay wire. Can not try a system restore as for some reason, the pc doesn't set them automatically like it should. So, is my graphics card shot? Any help appreciated. Thank you all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Addendum: Just swapped in a different gpu and still same problem. Just a large portion of my wallpaper, no task bar. I had nVidia in and when I put in an ATI, the gpu control panel still comes up as nVidia....?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just hooked up to a smaller monitor with vga only input (blue) and it's working fine. Does this mean this HP monitor I bought a couple months ago is shot?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doublehelix, not exactly right, I just hooked the HP 23 to my main pc and the pic is fine. Got to be in the other pc. The card, tho I swapped it or some other thing. The monitor is working fine on a different pc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.