Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When system boots up, the Drive Space box pops up with Disk A highlighted and states removable drive on this computer. When trying to save a word document onto a disk to the floppy drive, the hourglass hangs there for several minutes, then message read Disk Utility has locked. Where do I go to unlock it and have access to saving documents onto floppy disk? Do I mount or unmount disk space?

Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.;)

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Not completely sure if this is the problem but do you have Norton software loaded on the PC? If so, I don't use Nortons but I believe the setting to try turning off is called "Auto Protect".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Mcafee, version 4.5.1 and installed it about 2-3 weeks ago. I'll take a look if there's something there to check or uncheck. I'll let you know. Thanks for reply. :cool:

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
What OS is this? Looks like Win98....is this a zip or LS-120 drive we are talking about here? What is the message that pops up exactly?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I find the safe and sound where in Mcafee? The OS is Windows ME and I'm unable using floppy disk to save to the A drive. It seems there a Disk Utility that 's locked.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I'm not sure since I don't use MCAfee.

What other software besides McAfee do you have installed on the PC? It may also be some other software locking it like FirstAid, Nuts and Bolts, etc....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.