Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I turn on my desktop PC I have to wait 2-3 min. after logging in. During that time everything is slow. According to the Task manager, Disc usage is at 100% due to the: "Service Host: SysMain". Is this normal considering that my PC is 5 y.o. I am using Windows 10.

·
Trusted Advisor
85,517 Posts
zvone:

Please do the following in your computer:

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zvone:

Please do the following in your computer:

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.
Thanks a lot for the advice mate. I checked the disc and the file system with the Windows and Lenovo tools and everything is fine. I forgot to mention that if I wait a minute or two since logging in, everything is back to normal. I know about tsginfo and I did it before but at the moment I am too afraid to do it. I know that TSG is a secure site and you are the living LEGEND here, but? Two days ago we had the biggest hack in Australian history. Optus is the major internet provider here, and have 10 million customers (Aus. has 25 million people). The whole system was hacked, and they got EVERY customer's name, DOB, address, phone num. Unbelievable!? Luckily credit card details are still safe (so they say?) but you can't be careful enough these days. I changed all the major passwords and decided not to post anything online. Online shopping is also a risk. I hope that you understand my concern. Once again, thanks a lot for your help. ✌

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pushing 77 and still among the living, but I'm definitely not a legend, but thanks for the compliment. :)
Yes SIR 👑 you are. I am the witness. Regarding my problem, everything is fine now. First I informed myself about the SysMain and disabled it. After the restart PC works like a brand new one. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts