Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to help my friend get his Emachine back up and going and I'm running into a little snag. When we turn it on, it has power and such but no display. I couldn't seem to locate any jumpers to disable the onboard video and when I put a known, working video card into it, it doesn't even act like its there. I was wondering if anyone knew of a non-bios way to disable the onboard video or if maybe it's something else altogether that I should be looking at. Here are the specs on the machine:

CPU: AMD Sempron™ 3300+ Processor (64-bit)1
(2GHz, 1600MHz System Bus, 128KB L2 cache)
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home (SP2)1
Chipset: NVIDIA® nForce™® 410
Memory: 256MB DDR (1 × 256MB), 400MHz (PC3200)
Hard Drive: 100GB (7200rpm, 2MB cache)32
Optical Drive: 48x CD-RW/DVD combo drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager (Secure Digital™ (SD), smart media, micro drive, memory stick, memory stick pro, compact flash, mulitimedia card, USB 2.0)
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6100 GPU
up to 128MB of shared video memory
PCI-Express® (PCI-E x16) slot available
Sound: 6-channel (5.1) AC'97 audio

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I do not believe that you will find a "non BIOS" way to avoid the onboard video. If the MB/BIOS is set up to automatically defer to the add on card then it would have done so. Assuming that everything is working as it should, you likely will have to boot to BIOS, make the change, save/exit and reboot.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Using the onboard video you might try clearing CMOS with the jumper. After clearing CMOS, if you don't get an on screed display you most likely have a bad board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.