Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Currently my housemate and I are having problems with our internet connection. We are sharing our broadband connection across two computers by both directly connecting to a router. The problem is as such, my housemate can safely connect to the router and his internet functions as normal. However, when I turn my computer on and try to establish an internet connection, the connection fails after a minute or so. My housemates connection also dies when my one does. So by attempting to connect to the internet, i basically cause both connections to crash. Also, when i turn my computer on, the internet will work for a brief moment (perhaps one minute) before it dies. Bascially i have time to visit one or two internet sites before it craps itself.

Neither of us have much understanding of what is going on. We both believe it may be a software issue with my computer which is causing the problem (ie spyware or some kind of virus). Given that i am essentially operating without a stable connection i cannot update my adaware definitions or the likes. Thus far all i have done is run an adaware check which found nothing malicious. My computer operates windows XP.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.