Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
My new computer didnt come with a wireless card and both my old computer have wireless cards. Because i cant viod the warrenty or else id just install one of the cards onto my computer but i need the warrenty for work. I tryed to networking my computer directly to the wireless router which is then connected to my adsl modem, i set that up and i was getting internet through that lan. this morning though i turned on my computer and i couldnt access any internet pages but msn opened. Then after restarting i couldnt access the internet at all but my connection was fine and was accessign the network. I started again and did everything i did last time and it didnt work. i tryed networking computer to computer and trying to access the internet that way but i could never get the network to work that way with the lan and the wireless running at the same time. Any ideas?

Gavin

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
While we'd love to help you, you didn't really provide any useful information in your post.

What is the make/model of the router, modem, and wireless cards. What version/patch level of Windows is on the comptuer.

Since the connection appears to change every time you restart, have you considered trying a new cable? With the machine connected, do this:

For 98 or ME, Start, Run, COMMAND to open a DOS window:
--- or ---
For 2K or XP, Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok then ill give u the details tonight lol im at work atm and thats why i havent specified my details becuase i didnt install the wireless cards myself so i dont know what model they are im pretty sure they are all netgear though. The computer is running that windows media edition the others are all Xp Home edtion ill have to give u the details of the modem etc when i get home and ill copy paste the cmd info in when i get home to after using a diffrent cable.

Thanks
Gavin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.