Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a big problem... the display settings are stuck at 640 x 480 and at 4-bit color. display adapter is GeForce4 Ti 8200 with 64MB memory and monitor is LG Flatron LCD 285LT. Both have most recent drivers installed and i reinstalled them again just to make sure and it doesnt work. an interesting thing about the problem is that every time i boot an error message pops up that reads:

Error loading C:\Windows\System32\NvCpl.dll
A dynamic link library initialization routine failed.

I couldn't tell ya what began the problem because i dont shut down my computer often at all. but one day i just booted the system and display settings were a mess. there aren't any resource conflicts either. i have no clue what to do... please help!

post script: on a lighter note, it's kinda fun to have 22 inch LCD monitor at 640 x 480 4-bit color. i thought counterstrike would look really funny at this setting but it wont even work...

·
Registered
21,875 Posts
Start up in Safe mode and uninstall the drivers for your graphics card along with any utilities that cam with it from Add/Remove preograms. Reboot to Windows and install the latest drivers and video control panel drivers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.