Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a digital camera for ordinary use with my pc. Everything seemed great until it was time to connect the camera to the pc - directions: "connect the USB end to any USB port on your pc" I have a reason to believe I don't have a USB port.

I know I must clarify that my computer is extremely outdated by today's standards. It has Windows 95 and is about 5 years old.

My main problem:
I have a digital camera with no way of transmitting my pictures to my pc for viewing and sharing.

I did some research. Along with my camera I have a 32 MB memory card. I went to the site prescribed by my digital camera manual and I found this:

http://www.dcprodirect.com/new/inde...hotosmart+318&searching=&searchfor=&AccId=525

By chance, would I be able to put the memory card with my pictures on it into this card reader and would it work? It says it is compatible with Windows 95.

The type of dig. camera I have is an HP Photosmart 318.

I am extremely grateful for any tips or help anyone has to offer. Thanks a million!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
i use the hp318 along with the usb version of the card reader - works great
- the parallel port version naturally is a tad slower but does the job
- as davey said - you need to look at your system to see if it'll work (course you can always return it)

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.