Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Diablo 2 tcp ip issue over wireless LAN Me and a friend would like to play diablo 2 at work without a router. I have XP media center and he has vista. He hosts the network and i connect to it. We keep getting the "cannot connect to server" error. We have tried using a static 192.168. etc. IP address. I am not sure what to try next."

I posted this thread yesterday and it was closed by a moderator because he thought we were playing on the clock and also thought we were using the workplaces network. actually we wanted to play during our lunch hour and the workplace doesn't have a wireless network, else we would just play over battle.net. we wanted to play with his laptop hosting a wireless network. I hope this clears things up.

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
When you feel that a moderator has closed your thread because of a misunderstanding you should plead your case "in private." Either PM the moderator or Report your thread. That gives the mod an opportunity to reconsider and, if warranted, reopen the thread.

Starting a new thread like this looks like an attempt to circumvent the mod's action. Suddenly "remembering" that you only wanted to do this at lunch is less than convincing.

We have no way of knowing your company's policies on wireless networks. They may not want you using one in the building even on your lunch break.

I'm not saying that you are going against your company's policies in any way, but am saying that we cannot tell. Please do not open another thread on this topic. Oh, and in this case I am not interested in any more information you may have forgotten to convey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.