Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

When I change the native resolution of my PC monitor to anything other than 1280x1024 it shrinks the screen and surrounds it by giant white borders around everything - its an 18" iiyama TSA4634JT from an ATI X1600.

The resolution is perfectly good, except when I want to boot up an older game that doesnt support 1280 - normally they want to be in 1024x768, so they are forced into the same little 9"x7" window in the centre surrounded by white. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, and everything else works fine.

So any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
It is an LCD monitor. It shows everything by exact pixels. Which is why many gamers and people like myself still use CRTs. Or gamers use higher end video cards so they make sure they can run at the highest rez of their display.

You can TRY to use an Analog cable (blue) from video card to monitor (you can use both at the same time - just switch via monitor) which may stretch it out for you.
Or stop playing older game ;)

On my #2 PC with a 17" LCD - analog cable, it does stretch out the video to fit. It could also be deisgned to NOT do that with your monitor... so try the other cable or look for options on the monitor.

HEY! I just checked the settings on my LCD monitor, it DOES include the function of: FILL / Aspect / 1:1 - why anyone would go with a white border is strange... so hopefully your monitor will have this as well.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Let us know how it works. Its all up to the manufacture of your monitor.

I neve knew about the feature on MY monitor, but your post had me look for it and it was easy to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.