Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Netscape[s my browser and I have ME....Suddenly when I turn on my computer and the icons come up on the screen about 2/3's of the screen is covered with Netscape web site, not the entirely blue screen with only the icons showing.Iv'e tried everything but can't get that partial website off the thing. I can move it from side to side with the little horizontal error but not off. When I go Netscape to work every thing is ok. No problem there. How can I get that off my desk top?
Thanks as always -----------

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I clicked Netscape and it shows only close and exit-------No delete and close or exit didn't help. Any other suggestions? I have restarted and that didn't clear the thing out.....Would reinstalling Netscate help? I'd just like to get the desktop cleaned up. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided to uninstall 4.78 and reinstall it---I went to control panel-clicked add and remove programs----selected Netscape 4.78-------clicked on add/remove--------It asked if I was sure I wanted to remove it--------I clicked yes------It started up and then went back to control panel--clicked add/remove and 4.78 still there!!What am I not doing right? Tried that several times and the same thing happened. Is this just a bad day or what......Any advice?

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
An overinstall may work as suggested by Mosaic1, but left over setting may cause the same problem you are having to occur again. You can try it first or look in the menu option of Netscape for an uninstall option. Another option is to delete all Netscape folders and then run RegClean to have it clean up the Windows Registry entries. If you don't have RegClean it can be downloaded from Microsoft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.