Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My desktop computer was hit this morning by a Trojan.Smoaler virus. My virus software (NAV 2012) has supposedly gotten rid of the virus but my desktop, my programs, my documents, and my photos have all gone MIA. All I have for my desktop is the default Windows blue color. None of my program shortcuts are showing on my desktop, the Quick Launch tool bar is gone and my programs do not show up in the Start Menu.

A check in Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs shows the programs to be there but the shortcuts are not showing up on the Desktop or the Start Menu. Also, all of my documents and photos are completely gone and I can't find them anywhere.

Is there a way to recover from this and get my Programs and Shortcuts back where they belong? Also, and most important I need to find and restore my documents and photos. If anyone has a way of dealing with this help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

System Configuration:

Dell Desktop Computer
Windows XP Pro with SP2
4 Gigs of RAM
40 Gig EIDE hard drive
Intel integrated graphics

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.