Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
It isnt recommended to actually make the website in photoshop, as it will basically be all images. You design it in photoshop, then create it (do the html, css etc) using software, whether that software be Dreamweaver (£), Frontpage (£), Notepad, Nvu (Free) etc.

You can create the images you need using Photoshop, although if you are using block colours you just code the colour, or change it using the software.

I cant remember what exactly the pro designers think, so have a wait for some more replies.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
The way i do it is my partner designs it in photoshop, since he's the one who has talent in design, and gives me the concept. He crops out and saves/sends the parts that have to be images, and i create it from there. Very often we only use a couple images, using repeated gradients of only a pixel or two wide, using multiple images as borders rather than one imagea as a background for divs, etc. It's all in the css.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
you want to cut out the parts that can't be recreated by frontpage by the method i described(crop them), then insert the images into frontpage in the required places.

if you mean actually designing it, just try and make a completely image representation of what you want it to look like. Enter text where you think there'll be text, make it look like a screenshot of the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.