Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HP officejet V40 purchased in 2001. I have attempted to print envelopes as I did with my very old hp laserjet, and I get the address and return address in the wrong places. I tried again and now have a paper jam. The diagram to resolve this problem that was shown on my computer does not match my printer. It has only a tiny "door" about 3"x 5" on the top side thru which the paper jam cannot be reached even with needle-nosed pliers. Actually, only about 1/2 inch is showing. I tried to open this "box" from every angle, even turned it upside down to find an opening where I can release the paper jam to no avail. There aren't any screws to open anything, and prying doesn't help. I received this printer/fax/scanner from a good friend when he bought a new computer that didn't fit. I have no manual which I would like to have to prevent this kind of disaster - which it is to me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Desdemona said:
I have an HP officejet V40 purchased in 2001. I have attempted to print envelopes as I did with my very old hp laserjet, and I get the address and return address in the wrong places. I tried again and now have a paper jam. The diagram to resolve this problem that was shown on my computer does not match my printer. It has only a tiny "door" about 3"x 5" on the top side thru which the paper jam cannot be reached even with needle-nosed pliers. Actually, only about 1/2 inch is showing. I tried to open this "box" from every angle, even turned it upside down to find an opening where I can release the paper jam to no avail. There aren't any screws to open anything, and prying doesn't help. I received this printer/fax/scanner from a good friend when he bought a new computer that didn't fit. I have no manual which I would like to have to prevent this kind of disaster - which it is to me!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Can you contact the friend that gave you this device ? He may have the manuals you need or the experience to help you. ---911

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to go out yesterday afternoon so had to quit my efforts to get the envelope out. The diagram was accurate and very helpful. Thank you. I succeeded in getting half of it, but it tore. I did disconnect the power, and it didn't help. The rollers are so very tight. I can move each one individually, but it hasn't affected the paper.

When I first got the printer I asked about a manual, but my friend didn't have one. However, on one of your messages there is a link where I can download one, but I'll wait until I can print it. Hopefully, that will be very soon.

Is there any additional way to release the death grip of the rollers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.