Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
55,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Democrats Fight To Keep Abramoff Loophole

The Democrats campaign against the so-called "culture of corruption" during the 2006 campaign, despite its apparent effectiveness, was laughable and hypocritical. One issue they really hammered Republicans on was the Jack Abramoff scandal, which centered around Abramoff's abuses associated with Indian tribes.

So, Democrats take control of Congress, and promise to usher in a new era of open and honest government... So, what do they do? Well, on the 3rd vote of the 110th Congress, Senate Democrats voted nearly unanimously to kill Senator David Vitter's proposed amendment to the Lobby and Ethics Reform bill (a bill intended to clean up Washington) to close one of many Abramoff loopholes.

So, it comes as no surprise that the Democrats really have no interest in cleaning up Washington.

Anyone surprised?

·
Registered
7,218 Posts

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
LANMaster said:
..... and what about that 100 hours crap she spewed. :rolleyes:
Or the 5 day work week established by Hoyer, then taking off Monday so some members could attened the BCS bowl in AZ.. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
27,339 Posts
I tell you I am just shocked !!!

There just is nothing more that can be said.

Hypocrites is too kind of words to describe.

and what about that clown Conyers? his penalty for illegal activities is to get one of the plum committe chairs.

Nothing new. or unexpected. voters are idiots and prove it at every election

·
Registered
20,005 Posts
LANMaster said:
..... so where's the venom-spitting Bush-haters? :confused:
Too busy enjoying the winger whining, sour grapes and bile spewing.:)

·
Registered
20,005 Posts
Mulder said:
Disgusting! :down:

We know these democrats and their lockstep supporters like Wino and bassetman have no brain, but have they no shame? :rolleyes:

;)
Can't speak for B'man, but my shame has no limits. I just can't get over how intuitive you are.:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
22,816 Posts
I read the bill, and I read the amendment--It seems rather obvious to me that it's a good amendment although the sovereignty of Indians has always played a role in law making. I assume that the issue revolves around that---but let me look into it. If their are no sovernigty issues, then anyone who is against this amendment (democrats or republicans) is an enemy of reform and should be identified as one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts