Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have several labs of PCs with about 12-20 PCs each. I would like to run delprof but I have a problem. A program that we run was incorrectly installed by the last IT admin. Now the program requires that a temp folder under administrator be present to work properly. We found this out when the former IT admin ran delprof before leaving and I had to manually create the directory needed. Does anyone know of a way to exclude a user account from being removed by delprof? If not, is there a way I can create the exact directory (c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp) via a script?

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Look at this utiltiy "Remote Profile Cleaner"

http://www.delprof.eu/#conf

Delprof is a great tool for removing user profiles; however, when more configuration options are required or when specific profiles or computers need to be cleaned and scripting is not an option you will probably choose for Remote Profile Cleaner. Remote Profile Cleaner is highly configurable though it's Graphical User Interface, has build-in test functionality, keeps record of all activities in a detailed log file and supports the usage of templates, it simply fills in all the needs left wanting by Microsofts Delprof.exe.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I'm assuming you are running this remotely.
MD works with UNC paths, you just need to be sure the account you are running from has access to the hidden C$ share:
MD "\\PCName\C$\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.