Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,785 Posts
Internals of computers are 12 volts or less, so electrocution is not really possible. Even the power supplies are usually 19 volts and split among outputs. You couldn't even get a shock with the power turned off like you could with TV sets, even if unplugged.

You shouldn't be touching anything metal and leaving salt inside the machine, anyway.

Given the difficulty of dismantling laptops and getting them back together, you may want to take it to someone who has experience with that model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My son informs me that it is not necessary to replace the battery, that it gets recharged automatically when necessary.

The laptop had been unused for 6 months or so and when I booted it up I got a message about low battery

I now wonder if it is necessary to replace the battery.

What say you?
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top