Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series will not boot. When I press the power button, I hear a clicking sound, the LED light flashes once. I’ve tried booting without the battery, booting without the charger and nothing works. I’ve even tried draining it’s residual power and same outcome.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Can you get into the CMOS/BIOS Setup?

If there is a CD/DVD drive, make sure there is no disc in it.

Also, check to make sure there is nothing else plugged in that the computer might try to boot from, like a USB flash drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometime during the end of August. Around three years old. It’s gotten wet before, but it didn’t cause a repercussion. It’s been dropped a few times but not from crazy heights or anything. Dropped from a few inches or so.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Something got knocked loose, wet, ESD, flaky/failed parts. You might try removing and reinserting the RAM module(s) a few times. Doing so helps clean the contacts and works sometime. If that doesn't do it, you need to take it to someone experienced like Best Buy/Geek Squad and see what their diagnosis is. Hopefully it's something rather simple and inexpensive to repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.