Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell Inspiron 15-3552 - No Ethernet port

Solved 
5K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
My Dell Laptop has no Ethernet port.

Which connection adaptor would be best suited for Ethernet.

HDMI or USB ?

#3 ·
Thanks

Down 18Mbps Up 1.3 Mbps from router data
WiFi Down 15Mbps Up 1,1Mbps

I don't use internet for games, films or downloading data, just general browsing.

Sometimes my WiFi is so slow even though the router is 60cm away, even tried either of the 2 WiFi channels (2.4GHz or 5GHz). Its a Sky ER110 router, previously had a BT router in exactly same place and had no issues even outdoors.
Even tried resetting Winsock with no real effect.

Previous laptops I could checkout either using the Ethernet connection.

#4 ·
Post the service code of the laptop please, should on a label underneath and/or in the Bios. From that we should be able to find the exact hardware you have in it, including the wireless adapter.

#7 ·
Thanks for the service tag, unfortunately looking it up online doesn't show which wireless adapter is fitted, it only shows Bluetooth !

It seems there could be a problem with software called SmartByte that Dell include with some laptops, so please uninstall it if you have it on yours, then restart the laptop and check the internet speed.

If the above doesn't help please look in Device Manager under Network Adapters and tell us what is listed there.

#12 ·
Thing is, not many places where I use my laptop has 5G capability currently. But maybe in the future when routers improve with its suppliers of broadband services.

As I use SKY for Broadband and Satellite TV, they supply the router which I have has Dual Bands for my level of Broadband speed subscription.

Some places have free WiFi which really is not worth the trouble and other places I can use USB3 adaptor.

#14 ·
Thing is, not many places where I use my laptop has 5G capability currently. But maybe in the future when routers improve with its suppliers of broadband services.

As I use SKY for Broadband and Satellite TV, they supply the router which I have has Dual Bands for my level of Broadband speed subscription.

Some places have free WiFi which really is not worth the trouble and other places I can use USB3 adaptor.
Ok. Sounds reasonable to me. I'm glad you got the issue, if not solved, then figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.