Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dell Inspiron 1100 - Works great - I reloaded the O.S (Windows Xp Home - and updated the drivers - I believe that I update a BAD BIOS file - and the comes up with BLUE SCREEN. I have powered it off - Put the O.S. Disk in the drive - and rebooted the system. It takes me thru the steps for loading the O.S. Reads the hard drive - and starts loading all the needed drivers - and then fails . I suspect BAD BIOS. How can I get the BIOS bad to factory setting. I have searched the internet - and most of the blogs suggest the following below. Any confirmation or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciatd.

DELL Inspiron 1100
BIOS - A32
Hard Disk:: 30GB
Memory: 1GB
DVD -RW/CDRW
O.S - Windows XP Home

You may find the resetting the bios to the default using the jumper or removing the cmos battery will fix that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried suggested swapping of memory from both slots (DIMM A & DIMM B)with different memory. I received the same results - :(

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:
Stop:

0X0000000A (0X0076001F), 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804EC6D4

NOTE: I removed the hard drive (30GB) and installed it into an identical Dell Inspiron 1100 (with exact configuration). The problem followed the Hard Drive - with the exact error message. I placed a different hard drive (30 GB) Windows XP Home into lap top - and powered it on.. Lap Top booted up with no problems.

Indications that I see are a failed HARD DRIVE? as I was able to boot the Lap Top backup with a different Hard drive running windows XP Home. :up:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.