Tech Support Guy banner

Dell G15 GPU Wattage is not getting higher than 30 watts!!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  phillpower2 
#1 ·
I purchased a new Dell G15 5520 (i5 12500H and RTX 3050 (95 watts)) 2 weeks ago but I'm facing a problem here.
When I'm playing any game the GPU wattage is normal but after 10 minutes the wattage is capped to 30 watts and its not increasing. This leads to performance issues and decrease in FPS. I contacted dell and they told me there is no hardware issue from our side so we can't take it back. I don't know what should I do I even had video proof but they are not doing anything that can help me fix my problem. In MSI Afterburner and GPU-Z, it is telling the performance cap or limit reason is temperature and power. but temps are not even getting to 80-85. and 80 degrees is normal for a gaming laptop. Is it a bios issue or something else please help me.
Then I saw this community channel on reddit so I'm posting this so I can get help from you guys.
Every thing is set to max performance (power options, mux switch is on, maximum performance option is selected from nvidia control panel, etc.)
I'm attaching the photos

See less See more
#2 ·
Couple of questions;

What games are involved and do the games play properly or have issues.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.

In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.