Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actual reminder.exe

I tried to delete this program but it was denied,I get it with others as well that I am trying to remove.
Is there a way to override this and get rid of it?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
What program is that connected to? Have you tried going to add/remove programs and uninstalling that from there? Simply deleteing files is a good way to corrupt programs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First: Make sure its not running...Click start>run>type msconfig, go to startup tab and look for an entry for this, remove the check mark(s), apply and reboot your pc, then add\remove programs to remove. Second: Clean your registry..start>run>regedit. Use "find" to locate anything containing this name, but be very careful and read to assure your deleting the appropriate keys. If your not sure dont do it! Last: I agree with the comment above - delete or rename as many files included in the folder for this app, you may confuse it enough to prevent it from running, thus being able to delete the folder after a reboot. Then in add\remove apps you sould be able to remove it because it will come up as a "not found" program and ask "would you like to remove this entry". Good Luck :)

·
Banned
2,024 Posts
You can try "SAFE MODE" to remove this program. Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode". Then Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and try to remove it.

As new tech guy mention "What program is that connected to?" This might some malware program?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.