Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start typing web addresses the autocomplete kicks in and provides previously visited sites. I've tried the Clear History button in Options but that doesn't help. I don't want to totally disable the option but would like to be able to keep others from seeing where I've been.

I'm running MSExplorer 5.

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
91 Posts
What you need to do is:

1). Close Internet Explorer
2). Open The Internet Options From The Control Panel
3). When In The Internet Options Select The 2nd or 3rd tab (2nd I think).
4). Look For a button that says AutoComplete and press it
5). Once pressed select the option of having autocomplete on searches, web address or passwords. If you wish to clear the autocomplete for the searchs and webaddresses only select the button on the left this will then do what you want it to do.

*Non't forget to delete your history, temporary internet files (offline content and normal content).

Hope this is useful (let me know!!!)

Matt :cool: :D :p

· Registered
27,156 Posts
And where have you been :p

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, Matt, but I already knew how to disable the option. I wanted to delete the old addresses from the memory w/o disabling it. Thanks anyway.

But I did find the answer after running a search on an old thread. Basically using deltree at the DOS prompt. That did the trick.

· Registered
3,296 Posts
Thats nothing. Try doing it with a 4 year old putting 15 bows in your hair while actively involved in a tea party and burping the only doll she has that cries. Thats a challenge. Got to remember to pull the batteries out of her.

When you see it next, I didnt get it from you. :)

· Registered
3,296 Posts
It took some nudging but we finally got her to do the deltree thing in DOS. All other options wouldnt work for one particular one and I believe Tony's idea would have gotten it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.