Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Super Moderator
37,801 Posts
Hiya

Usually its restored, although its actually scanreg /restore. There is a space before the /. Its an easy thing to forget.
Did you check your recycle bin first, and also, did you just delete it? The reason I say is, if you wiped it, its gonna be harder.

Regards

eddie

· Super Moderator
37,801 Posts
Hiya

What do you mean? Are you saying you can type when on the web, but cannot in DOS, or are do you mean the restore will not work?

Are you rebooting to DOS or are you using the Command Screen in Windows? If the latter, reboot to DOS and see if you can do it.

Regards

eddie

· Super Moderator
37,801 Posts
Okay

Gonna try a DOS command. Reboot to DOS and at the prompt, make the directory the one that contained the deleted file. eg, if they were in the DOS directory, type

cd \dos

To recover the file, type the following at the command prompt:

undelete

One by one, DOS lists the deleted files it has found and prompts you to specify whether it should recover them. To recover a file, Press Y. DOS may also prompt you to type the initial letter of the file.

eddie

· Super Moderator
37,801 Posts
Hiya

When do you get the Bad Command? Are you booting to DOS or using the Command Screen in Windows? What directory was it in?
Try this:

say its in directory FRED
c:\>
c:\>CD FRED

will become

c:\>FRED

eddie

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am booting to dos and I am doing what you say, the directory is my documents so I type cd mydocuments , my documents comes up and then I type undelete, then I get bad command or file name

· Super Moderator
37,801 Posts
Try typing UNDELETE at the prompt and a list of files that can be saved will appear with no first letter.

They may be gone forever. There are some programs that may be able to retrieve it.

eddie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.